Subhead can go here
Engineering the Future
Hardware: Circuit to System to Deployment
Complex electronics systems require ever-increasing functionality, with the expectation of in-the-field reconfigurability and long-term availability. Vencore Labs’ entrepreneurial approach to electronic systems delivery has met these challenges in several diverse markets, with a particular emphasis on video displays, and wireless systems prototyping, proof-of-concept, and development.
At Vencore Labs, we design and manufacture video electronics for various industries requiring high fidelity visuals, and display test and measurement equipment for display quality assurance. Our facilities include fully equipped electronics laboratories, on-site dark lab for display metrology, and specialized production areas. For rapid prototyping we have in-house, surface-mount board assembly; cable assembly; and mechanical fabrication. We also have extensive in-house inventory for long-lead and end-of-life critical components.
In the video display arena, our subject matter expertise centers on:
- Display measurement instrumentation and metrology for specific display technologies
- Video formats and video conversion techniques
- Standard and emerging video interfaces for visual devices
In addition, our expertise in FPGA and embedded firmware technology, ultra high density PCB layout, PC-based software development, and electro-mechanical design allows us to design, build, deliver, and support a diverse array of complex electronics in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
More broadly, Vencore Labs is also addressing the need for previously unavailable wireless, unobtrusive, real-time continuous monitoring, device data collection and secure backhaul for electric utility Field Area Network environments in the smart grid arena. Our engineers have created first-of-its kind probes to operate in harsh environments. Ensuring end-to-end supply chain security, Vencore Labs engineers performed their own requirements development, design of radio receivers and transmitters, buffer storage and other electronic components, powering, heat sinks, antennas, resilient enclosures, easy-to-mount brackets, and unit assembly and test.
Wireless SYstems Prototyping, Proof-of-Concept and Development
Increasing Proliferation of commercial third-party software-defined radio (SDR) hardware has dramatically lowered the degree of difficulty for implementation of innovative wireless system concepts and solutions. At Vencore Labs, we have mastered the engineering disciplines necessary to best take advantage of this important industry trend. Our SDR engineering skill sets include:
- Hardware and processing systems architecture, mapping system functions to processing elements (PEs) with efficient data flow
- Language-based logic design, particularly for field-programmable gate array (FPGA) target hardware, to implement large-scale signal processing functions at maximum performance (throughput, latency); or to provide high-efficiency co-processing and pre-processing support for other PEs
- Real-time coding for digital signal processors (DSPs), to implement a wide range of functions for communications and sensing applications
- Coding for general-purpose processor (GPP) elements, to implement “soft” real-time protocol processing and system control and management functions.
These skill sets have accentuated our ability develop innovative wireless system solutions both in custom SDR hardware and in industry-standard SDR development frameworks such as GnuRadio. In parallel, these skills complement our longstanding expertise in: wireless signal processing; link and system modeling and simulation; and wireless system planning, performance assessment and optimization. This combination of expertise has enabled us to conceive, model, prototype, demonstrate, and develop RF domain solutions for communications, sensing and other applications of interest to our customers.